|Love with Food: August|
I recently learned about this wonderful program called Love with Food. Love with Food is a program where its members receive a box every month with about 8 deluxe samples of gourmet goodies. It's only $10/month and for each box that Love with Food sells, it donates a meal to a food bank. So not only do you get a box of wonderful treats, your money goes to help fight hunger here in America.
When I heard about this program, I knew it was something that I would love to participate in. I received my first box for the month of August. The theme this month was Travelin' Treats, so I received a remixed (and upgraded) version of airplane snacks. I'm currently on jury duty and these treats have been helping me get through the long hours of waiting and waiting.
Here is what I received this month from Love with Food:
- Sconza Candies Coconut Toffee Peanuts. Toffee is one of my favorite things in the world, so I opened these right away! The coconut was a perfect complement to the toffee and the peanuts. Easily my favorite thing in the box-- I'm going to have to get some more of these!
- East Shore Skinny Dipping Pretzels and Key Lime with Ginger Mustard. The pretzels tasted like normal pretzels to me and I dipped them in the key lime ginger mustard. I'm not a huge fan of mustard (coming around through) or ginger, but I love key limes. It's a little sweet and a little tart. I think it would probably be a good mustard to use for mustard chicken.
- Sun Flour Baking Company Vegan Lemony Lemon and Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies were good and flavorful. I preferred the peanut butter cookie over the lemon because it had more flavor. I didn't think the lemon one had as much lemony flavor.
- The Ginger People's Gin Gins Super Strength Ginger Caramel Candy. Like mentioned above, I'm not too crazy about ginger so I was really apprehensive about trying this one. Reading "super strength" and ginger together had me a little in fear, but it actually was pretty good and I think the caramel flavor helped it from being overly ginger-y.
- Tangerine Glee Gum. These are cute and remind me of Chiclets! While I enjoyed these, they did taste a little waxy to me.
- Cherry Bay Orchards Dried Montgomery Cherries. This is the only thing I haven't tried yet, but you can't really go wrong with dried fruit, right? I'm saving these for Monday when I have another day of jury day ahead of me. It will be a good morning snack!
Note: I did not receive any money from this article. I'm a paying member who loves the idea of this program that in turn helps communities!