It's time again to share another great month of the Foodie Pen Pal program with you! I can't tell you how excited I get when I get the names of the people I get paired with, then going out and shopping, receiving and trying new goodies. Every month I enjoy this program more and more.
This month I was paired with two non-bloggers, Molly and Angela. I sent my package to Molly who lives in South Dakota. Molly likes to try unique and local foods, so I sent her several items that were made with flavors of New Mexico! Thank goodness she likes spicy foods! :-)
I was also paired with Angela from New Jersey who sent me my goodies this month! I told her that I also like trying local foods. She included some great items that were also all gluten-free so that Joe could enjoy them as well (which he loved). She sent me a wonderful and thoughtful package; we had a great time trying all the goodies that she included and learning of some great new (for us) brands!
Here is a list of the goodies that Angela sent:
- Way Better Snacks Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips: These were absolutely delicious! I didn't get to have very many of these because Joe absolutely devoured them. I'm keeping a lookout for these.
- Nanina's in the Park Vodka Sauce: This sauce is a local New Jersey pasta sauce and was voted one of the best pasta sauces! We are going to have this next week with gluten-free pasta and grilled chicken, as suggested by Angela. Never had vodka sauce before so I'm looking forward to trying this.
- Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb Dip Mix: This mix is so versatile! I mixed this in with olive oil mayo and parmesan and spread over chicken breasts to bake in the oven-- this was so good, we're going to have it for dinner again tonight!
- Stonewall Kitchen Raspberry Honey Mustard Dip: Yeah, I'm really starting to like mustards. Just no yellow bottle! I used this as a spread on a turkey sandwich. Ooh lala!
- Whole Foods Dried Sweetened Mango Slices: I didn't even share this one, I took it to work right away. I loved dried mango and this brought out the selfishness in me. :-)
Thank you ladies for making a this month such a memorable experience!
If you would like to participate in Foodie Pen Pals, head over to The Lean Green Bean for more information and to sign up! Also, you don't have to be a blogger to participate!