This is my first month participating in Foodie Pen Pals and have been so lucky to have been matched with two phenomenal and lovely women, Gretchen from Real Life Motherhood of 4 and Tiffani from Life's a Blog.
Tiffani is the person that I sent my package to. She's a fun, vibrant Southern gal who is full of life. She's got a fun blog called Life's a Blog where she writes about her thoughts as well as her favorite products at the moment. I tried to incorporate some of her favorite things as well as some things that I enjoy that I thought she'd get a kick out of as well. Unfortunately, Tiffani's package got lost in the mail and the post office is trying to locate it, so hopefully she'll be receiving the package soon. :-( It's disappointing, especially because this is Tiffani's first time participating as well. But please stop by Tiffani's blog anyway and tell her hello! And cross our fingers that she receives her goodies soon!
Gretchen from Real Life Motherhood of 4 was the person to send me my foodie package this month. Gretchen is a mama of four beautiful kids and she chronicles her life and adventures with her family on her blog. She's energetic and looks like she's always coming up with awesome ideas to entertain her kids. Head over to her blog to see all the fun activities she does with her kids!
|Foodie Pen Pals for June|
Gretchen sent me an absolutely wonderful foodie package with new products that I've been having a great time trying. Here is the list of things that I received:
- Pop! Gourmet Popcorn in White Truffle Bliss-- Popcorn and truffles are a great combination! Truffles are some of my favorites, so I was absolutely delighted to receive this. This was so yummy, I'm already planning on getting some mailed to me. ;-)
- Giada de Laurentiis Paremesan Garlic Vinaigrette-- We haven't tried this one yet, but garlic and parmesan is one of my favorite flavors too so I'm looking forward to trying this. Maybe with some kabobs (as a marinade) and a side salad!
- Cheese Straws in Parmesan Artichoke Garlic-- If you love cheese, these are the perfect snack! I've never had cheese straws, so these were a great treat.
- Delallo Balsamic Glaze-- We haven't tried this yet either, but will probably drizzle this over a caprese salad or on some grilled chicken or steak.
- Tuscan seasoning-- A great seasoning for meats! This will also go perfectly with the grilled meats when we use the vinaigrette as a marinade and the balsamic glaze!
- Jelly Belly Superfruit Mix-- These were a great snack. I loved all the fruity flavors. I took these to work and stashed them for whenever I needed a sugar fix!
- Groovy Potato Chips-- These are local chips for Gretchen and were a wonderful salty snack. We munched on these after work or when we ate sandwiches. So these didn't last long at our house!
- Homemade granola bars (with a recipe!)-- Gretchen included her homemade granola bars that she makes regularly. These were chewy and had great flavor. I loved the raisins in them and plan on making them soon!
- Recipe for Pumpkin Scones-- I love pumpkins and I am looking forward to making these when fall rolls around!
|White Truffle Popcorn-- my favorite! So wonderful!|
|Giada's Parmesan Garlic Vinaigrette|
|Cheese Straws and Balsamic Glaze|
|Tuscan Seasoning, Superfruit Jelly Bellies, and granola bars|
|Groovy Potato Chips|
|Two recipes and homemade granola bars!|
Thank you Gretchen and Tiffani for being wonderful Foodie Pen Pals. I really loved meeting and getting to know two amazing people. I'm looking forward to participating in this again!
If you would like to participate in Foodie Pen Pals, head over to The Lean Green Bean for more information and to sign up! Also, you don't have to be a blogger to participate!