Happy Halloween and Foodie Pen Pal reveal day! This month was a fun month of buying and receiving these goodies this month. I was paired with two non-bloggers again this month, Kozzette who I sent my package to and Lori who sent me my package.
Lori sent me an exciting themed package this month. She lived in Germany for awhile, so she sent me some of her favorite German foods and recipes!
Here's a list of what I received from Lori:
- Werther's Original Hard Candies. These are some of my all-time favorite candies, I didn't know they were a German candy. My grandma used to always buy these candies when I was little and I would always sneak them when I was over. Somehow I was convinced she didn't see all the wrappers in the trash!
- Haribo Christmas Gummy Bears. Christmas came early this year with these gummies! These were another product that I didn't know that was German.
- Peanut Puffs. These were one of my favorite things in the package. These were puffy and very peanut buttery (in a real and not fake peanut butter way), I absolutely loved these!
- Spekulatius. These cookies reminded me of Biscoff or Speculoos and are absolutely wonderful! I wanted to save these for making a dessert with them (maybe a cheesecake), but I've been snacking on them so much I probably won't have enough which works for me because then I don't have to share, haha.
- Spaetzel. I've never had this meal before, so I'm excited to try it! Lori also gave me a recipe to make this, so I'm looking forward t
- Schnitzel. This is another meal I've never had before. Lori included a recipe for these as well! I've been so busy with school lately, I haven't had a chance to cook these up but will make these very very soon!
- Vanilla sugar and vanilla sauce, which were some fun additions in the package!
Lori put together a brilliant and fun package. There are so many new and fun things to try in this package, I am so honored to have gotten this set of goodies!
Thank you Lori and Kozzette for being my foodie pen pals this month!
If you would like to participate in Foodie Pen Pals, head over to The Lean Green Bean for more information and to sign up! Also, you don't have to be a blogger to participate!